AngularJS and Laravel both are very popular frameworks with some of the best features and benefits for developers. AngularJS is a front-end framework and Laravel is a backend framework.In this post, we will discuss some of the features and benefits of both the frameworks to help developers to choose the right framework for their applications.
Let us understand AngularJS and Laravel individually –
AngularJS is one of the oldest frameworks, released by Google in 2010. It has a script-based approach which makes it an extremely popular choice for front end developers. A completely improvised version of this called Angular 2 was launched in 2016 whereas the latest one Angular 9 was recently released in February 2020.
If you are fond of TypeScript and prefer object-oriented programming then this is certainly the ideal choice for you. Moreover, this was one of the first frameworks to replace server-side front end technologies like Laravel and Django, so it is based on the MVC (Model-View-Controller) Architecture. It is also the preferred choice of developers at large organizations like Google, Forbes, Whatsapp, Instagram and Microsoft Etc. The Angular team at Google is quite active and regularly comes out with version updates and releases.
Advantages of Angular:
- Angular has a lot of in-built features. It uses TypeScript and it is based on HTML rather than complex java Scripts. This makes it easier for people having experience in JavaEE or ASP.net to write code in this framework.
- As this framework is being maintained and continuously being improved by the Google Dev team, it is here to last and we shall not see it disappear even if something new comes up.
- Angular development allows complete flexibility in building reusable blocks of UI that can be combined with other components to build complex User interfaces. Thus it is used to build web applications that are highly interactive with minimum development times.
- Various features like DOM sanitization, to ensure security against site scripting, etc. make it one of the most secure JS frameworks.
- It is an end to end framework powered by a very user-friendly command-line interface that allows developers to easily install libraries. This enables teams to develop complex enterprise-level applications that facilitate two-way data binding, HTML client validation, Routing, etc.
Disadvantages of Angular :
- There are many tools in Angular and many complex code structures that can be confusing for new developers to learn.
- This framework is feature-rich but heaviest in terms of bundle size making it slower to render. Thus the performance is relatively slow according to different benchmarks.
- The complex nature of this application makes it unsuitable and unviable for small applications.
It is an open-source, free PHP webwork for the development of web applications. Laravel follows the model-view architectural pattern based on the symphony. In July 2011 Tailor Ottwell developed Laravel. Since it’s just a PHP framework, Laravel does not have an IO Model. After NodeJS, Laravel follows the market share segments. But it’s leading in the business areas of Business and industry, career and education, shopping and many other categories. The backend side of web development uses the Laravel Platform.
Laravel is wonderful and amalgamates well with the front end view library. Laravel is perfect for applications like MySQL and Maria DB. Laravel is a great learning curve for a good future. Laravel is a fully-featured framework with a comprehensive ecosystem with some of the best learning resources available. Laravel framework templates are so designed that they create and provide a simple layout with individual sections.
Laravel can handle the requirement of getting a full-fledged framework to manage a large CMS based website. Laravel framework offers the Eloquent ORM that includes a simple PHP Active Record implementation. Laravel uses Eloquent for writing the database queries which make the task easier. If it is not used, laravel becomes slower. The Laravel system allows developers to use PHP syntax to issue web application database queries rather than write SQL queries. Laravel does not have features of sharing codes to front and back end. But instead, Laravel takes care of web application security using its framework.
There are no third-party extensions or tools that can be used to provide additional functionality to Laravel. Laravel is leading in most of the countries like Indonesia, Netherlands, Poland, Turkey, and many other countries.
Laravel comes with a strong toolset and offers an elegant application architecture for web application design. Laravel incorporates many of the essential features found in big frameworks like ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, CodeIgniter, etc. The Laravel framework is developed using standard Open Source. It follows the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern architecturally this framework is capable of saving enormous development time by avoiding developers from scratch thinking about and planning the entire website architecture. In Laravel development, It can take care of the application’s security, too. All of these features can boost the pace of development from scratch to create a Website. If any developer is familiar with the PHP syntax and features, Laravel will accelerate developer learning time. Laravel helps you to more easily craft your job.
Laravel is designed to provide Web applications with simplistic development. Some of the main characteristics Laravel offers are robust and stable growth. Laravel is known to speed up the development process in record time thereby saving developers valuable time. It provides various tools for MVC applications, interactions with the database, HTML templates, routing, testing, and more. It makes the process of Web development much easier for web designers and developers. Laravel is used by companies like 9GAG, Kmong, Flyer Alarm, etc.
By using NPM, Laravel can install React and Vue which are useful for many applications. Laravel is easy to learn. Laravel is a framework that comes with many features that simply work out of the box. The factor making Laravel the best PHP platform is that it follows MVC Architecture like Symfony, ensuring logic and presentation consistency. MVC helps improve performance, allows better documentation, and has several features built-in.
Laravel is an excellent platform for designing applications that are stable, scalable, and maintainable. Digital Innovation Studio uses this to design product solutions with various complexities. Laravel Mix is a tool for asset compilation and optimization in a Laravel app. It’s similar to a build tool such as gulp, grunt, and so on. It is Laravel specific but can also be used externally as an npm kit.
To summaries on the above,
If you love object-oriented programming and prefer TypeScript, choose Angular.
If you are keen on using the PHP framework then opt for Laravel.