What is a Featured Snippet in Google?
Answer boxes or featured snippets are displayed on top of Google’s result box. These aim to answer the user’s question within the small sentence frame. Being in Google’s snippet means real brand exposure and more clicks to your website.
The SEO professionals can make the content for snippets in basically three types:
- List: If there are more answers for the query than it can be displayed in the form of a list.
- Paragraph: This can provide a simple definition for the question or summary for the query in 3-4 lines.
- Table: The data is displayed in tabular form to make it simple and easy to understand.
The e-commerce websites or blogs are always looking for the best ways to reach the top of Google’s Search Engine Result Pages (SERP). The result pages include shopping ads, search ads, graph boxes, conversion tables, and many more. Earning a featured snippet is the fastest way to drive viewers towards your platforms.
How do I get Featured Snippets on Google?
This is a tricky thing where a professional SEO expert can help you display your content in the snippets of Google. Some of the key points that can help in the process are:
The content on your platform should be properly researched and includes basics like quality images, graphics, and relevant information. Usage of keywords should be done but never stuff a lot of them in your platform where it doesn’t fit.
Formatting Content Style:
Ensure that you follow the Digital Marketing requirements on your web pages and blogs. Optimize the content accordingly of the title, headers, description, and blog content. Create small pieces of relevant information and services to increase the chances of displaying the content in the featured snippet.
Usage of Questions and Answers Format:
This format makes the task much easier and can be implemented inside the blog or through the FAQ section on your platform. The basic necessity of the featured snippet is to provide a gist of their queries and this section cannot be used for selling products. Make sure your content is relevant and crisp to the questions asked by the people on Google’s platform.
Research More about the Topics:
A professional SEO agency will always be aware of the common way a person approaches Google. There is always a certain pattern in the way people ask questions and finds answers. The questions generally start from: how, what, which, where, why, and many such common terms. An SEO professional can help you in making strategies for the content on your platforms.
Give Best Answers to the Questions:
Make sure to use relevant keywords and phrases in your content. Always look into the data properly and make sure you answer every query related to a topic in your platform. Keep the texts simple and readable also include infographics and screenshots if necessary.
What are the Rich Snippets on Google?
A normal snippet on Google search results has a URL, Title, and small description for every query searched. In the case of a rich snippet, there is some extra information related to the page you want to move ahead with. The extra information may include an image, contact details, ratings, or date the article was published online.
Rich snippets help the users do decide which platform will give the best answers to their queries and give the best results. Google lets you add rich snippets using structured data to your site with code in a specific format.
How do you Win Featured Snippets?
There are many ways to be in the featured snippet of Google. Professional SEO companies are working on bringing their blogs, websites, or business platforms in the featured snippets because it isn’t an easy task. There are certain tricks to reach the featured snippet section, we can discuss them here:
- Have detailed information about the keywords used and their rankings. Make use of various tools to refine the details and ensure that such important keywords are used in your content.
- Beware of the user’s intent while searching on any topic. This will help you in formatting your content according to their requirements and make use of minor details. There can be images, videos, or many engaging details that will force the user to redirect on your platform.
- Make sure to be concise and short with your content. SEO professionals always ensure that the content is accurate according to the snippets on Google search result pages.
- Keep a note on features of target snippets and try to work on them regularly. Ensure to check them regularly and update the content accordingly.
- Make your content achievable and click-worthy in the snippet section. This can be done with the help of SEO professionals. There are many SEO tools available to see the status of the developed content which can help in improving the section and work on your weakness.
- Use more sources, data, and research to develop the best content and display the content in simple language to make it user-friendly and easily understandable. Avoid using heavy technical terms as much as possible in the snippet section.
- Have a good practice in organizing the data according to the research. Like tabular form should be used in displaying data which includes statistics or numbers, while a simple paragraph for some definitions, and lists if there are numerous answers to a question.
- Work on the landing page and show your skills that your platform has all the relevant information on the topic searched by the user. A strong source can increase your rankings in the SERP of Google.
What more can you do for a Featured Snippet?
We have tried to give you a gist about Featured snippets on Google and some key points to achieve the target. There are many things to be kept in mind if you want your platform to be in the featured snippet. A snippet is used as leverage by brands to bring more traffic on their platforms and grow their business. For getting featured you need help from someone who has marketing strategies, experience, and good customer service. So Feel free to get in touch with to install feature snippets or structure data markup to improve your website presence on SERP.