Adobe officially released the Magento 2.4.5 version on August 9, 2022. Adobe has been known for its updates to improve users’ experience, and this latest update is also an effort for the same.
As per Adobe, this latest version of Magento has more than 290 quality fixes & enhancements, which is a huge number showing Adobe’s efforts for improvement in Magento development.
Magento 2.4.5 is a lot better regarding the performance, security, and user experience. So, the latest update of the Magento is amazing news for the Magento community.
Magento 2.4.5 Highlights
Let’s see all the highlights of the latest release of the Magento.
The latest release of the Magento has 20 security fixes. Some of the major enhancements of which are:
- Addition of the ACL resources to the inventory
- Strong password hygiene
- The HtmlPurifier library has been upgraded to use the malicious code filter
- Enhancement of the inventory template security
Adobe has worked hard on improving the platform for the developers. Some of the enhancements are as follows:
- Supports composer 2.2
- Support for TinyMCE 5.10.2
- Elimination of outdated dependencies
Magento 2.4.5 is compatible with PWA Studio version 12.5.x.
- Merchants can deploy any service from the admin
- The PWA studio captures the behavioral data of the customers for web analytics
There are a lot of GraphQL performance improvements which can benefit the developers, some of which are as follows:
- Gives to option to disable the session cookies for all the GraphQL operations.
- Elimination of the session usage from the HTTP reader.
- Faster deployment of the unified storefront’s GraphQL schema
- Quicker page loading speed with the GraphQL schema rebuilding
Following are the payment improvements made by Adobe:
- In the backend, store administrators may now see the PayPal Credit card and Pay Later buttons.
- Modified the Magento 2.4.5 core to remove the Braintree KNOUNT fraud prevention system.
- Introduction of Apple Pay for all the merchants.
- Availability of PayPal Later option for merchants of Italy & Spain.
- In Magento 2.4.5, many new updates are useful for SEO
- More opportunities to track & manage content through Google services
At last, we would say that Magento 2.4.5 is a major release by Adobe Commerce with many improvements. By staying with the older version of Magento, you may miss a lot of important features. Thus, it is important to update to the latest version of Magento to get all the benefits of the platform. You can also hire a Magento developer for this purpose.