Before reviewing Magento 2 Multiple Wishlists, let’s discuss what a Wish List is. A wishlist is the grouping of desired products saved by users to their user account, signifying their interest without immediate intent to purchase.
Similarly, the Magento 2 Multiple Wishlists Extension module allows the users to store or save any particular item in their multiple wishlists which they may buy later by returning to the Magento store.
This module is very helpful when the users don’t want to buy the product of their choice right at the moment, they can use the multiple wishlists functionality.
This module gives users an easy way to remind themselves of a product and helps the admin to measure the product interest of the customers beyond a sale.
- Create and manage multiple wishlists.
- Create a new wishlist and use the existing wishlist.
- Add Multiple Products to multiple wishlists.
- Quick Product Search by SKU or product name.
- The logged-in user can create multiple wishlists.
- Create a user-friendly popup that appears when adding a product to the wishlist.
- Add multiple products to a wishlist.
- Enable the seamless transfer of all products from one wishlist to another with a simple and efficient process i.e move all.
- Can copy all the products of one wishlist to another.
- Delete the complete wishlist.
- Remove the number of items from the wishlist as per the user’s choice.
- Ability to share wishlists with friends by email, Facebook or Twitter.
- Customers will get notified about changes of product prices in their wishlist.
- Customers can manage the content of any wishlist by using: copy, move, delete and add to cart any items.
- Send automatic price alerts to motivate customers to buy items from the wishlist.
- Users can write useful comments to any product to remind themselves of important product features.
Installation- Magento 2 Multiple Wishlists
The users will get a zip folder and they have to derive the contents of this zip folder on their system.
The derived folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to relocate this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
1st : php bin/magento setup:upgrade
2nd : php bin/magento setup:di:compile and
3rd : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
These steps help assure everything is set up and working smoothly!
Front End Flow
Once installed, customers can effortlessly utilize the multiple wishlists functionality. This feature allows customers to save their desired products across various wishlists, providing a convenient way to organize and plan purchases for a later time.
The Multiple Wishlist module enhances the standard functionality of Magento 2 wishlists. Shoppers can now create multiple wishlists for various occasions, add helpful notes, and easily share wishlists via email. Store owners benefit by encouraging customers to save products to wishlists, providing an alternative to abandoning the store and thereby helping to retain customers.
Add Products to the wishlist from Category Page
The wishlist feature is exclusively accessible to registered users. If a guest user attempts to add an item to their wishlist, they will be directed to the ‘Login’ page. Upon successful login or account registration, the user will then be seamlessly redirected back to add the desired item to their wishlist.
To add a product to a wishlist, the customer needs to press the heart icon near the ‘Add to Cart’ button, when shopping on the Category Page. Following this, a ‘Add to Wishlist‘ popup emerges. Within this pop-up, customers have the option to either add an item to an existing wish list or create a new list.
Manage any list in customer account
The extension allows users to manage any list in their user account. They can: add more items to the selected list; copy, move, delete products from the list; add products to cart – one or all products at the same time.
With the AJAX Shopping Cart extension you can let customers select configurable options and edit items in the pop-up without page reloads. This way, it will be feasible to buy configurable products right from the wishlist.
Let’s say, a user is looking for some gifts in advance. Having checked through numerous products, the user remembers the details now. But this may be a struggle a couple of weeks later when the customer returns to buy the presents. Simply allow shoppers to leave handy comments on products they add to a wishlist. A note like ‘Gift for Mama’ can be a powerful reminder to help the store get the sale.
Let users discuss future purchases by sharing the wishlist with their family and friends. The Magento 2 Wishlist module displays the ‘Share’ button for each wishlist, thus making a conversation happen quicker. It can simplify costly purchases, as users might need advice from someone they trust. This way, the ‘Share Wishlist’ option positively impacts sales.
Users can share the list with family and friends using Facebook, email, or twitter.
Add products to list via search
Customers have the flexibility to add products to their lists in different ways:
Category Page Pop-up:
- Easily add products to lists directly from the pop-up on the category page.
- Product Page Pop-up:
- Add products to lists conveniently using the pop-up available on the product page.
- Search in Wishlist Section:
- Utilize the search functionality within the Wishlist section of the Customer Account, as illustrated in the provided screenshot.
Extension SettingsTo enable the Multiple Wishlist extension in your storefront, please go to the Stores → Configuration → Multiple Wishlist. Then, in the General Settings block, allow the module to work on your store frontend accordingly . Users should now be able to utilize multiple wishlists functionality.Allow Wishlist Sharing via
– Users can share the list with family and friends using facebook, email or twitter.
Within the Customer Notifications section, you have the flexibility to tailor notifications for customers, keeping them informed about any adjustments in product prices within their wishlists.
Send Price Alerts – Send automatic price alerts to motivate customers to buy items from the wishlist.
Email Template – select the template that will be used for email templates.
Products Popularity in Wishlists
The extension allows store owners to keep track of what products are added to wish lists more Repeatedly. It can help you gain valuable ideas of what purchases customers tend to reserve for later and come up with excellent strategies on how to motivate customers to purchase quickly.
To see the ‘Most Wanted Items in Lists‘, please go to Reports → Most Wanted Items in Lists to see the associated grid.
The Multiple Wishlist for Magento 2 development is a great that increase what the default platform can do. It lets users make several wishlists in their accounts, no matter what kind of stuff your store sells. With this feature, users can easily add things to different wishlists and buy them later. This makes your store more user-friendly, leading to happier users, better conversion rates, and increased profits.