One of the best things about good technologies is that they keep coming with new versions with added functionalities and advanced features. For example, Adobe is releasing a new
Magento 2.4.4 version on March 8, 2022, and here we are with all the information you need to know!
Magento is one of the most preferred eCommerce development platforms that has carved a niche for itself by offering unparalleled benefits to Magento developers. If you offer Magento development services, this blog is for you.
Adobe is now preparing for its Magento 2.4.4 release and will release once the beta testing is over. Once it is released, you can download it from their official website.
Adobe is known for its simple and predictable developments and upgrades for organizations to adopt them faster. The Magento 2.4.4 version will be supported by PHP 8.1 and other substantial upgrades.
Magento 2.4.4 Beta Release
The issue is adapting to a new version is always challenging for users. Though there will be many advanced features and functionalities in the Magento 2.4.4 version, it will be difficult for Magento vendors to adapt. It is why Adobe Commerce has decided to release four monthly beta versions of Magento 2.4.4. The first version was released on October 18, 2021, and the last and fourth version was released on January 10, 2021. The beta versions were released to make Magento vendors familiar with the codebase and other features. You can hire professional Magento upgrade services if you don’t have an in-house team to upgrade your store to the latest Magento 2.4.4 version.
Also, Adobe Commerce kept beta releases open for feedback and complaints, and they fixed all the major issues before the final Magento 2.4.4 release.
All the contributors who have identified the issues will be mentioned in the release notes and beta blog articles.
Now, let’s check out what is new in Magento 2.4.4.
Added Support for PHP 8.1
The main highlight of Magento 2.4.4 is the support for PHP 8.1. However, they have also stated that the support will be inculcated after four months of the release so that vendors can get enough time to learn and adapt to the latest PHP version. Also, you need to note that the support for PHP 7.3 will be removed from Magento 2.4.4.
There will be many third-party dependencies in the latest Magento 2.4.4 release to keep the store secure, top-notch, and add more features and functionalities. Some of them are mentioned below:
- You will have system dependencies of the updated version of ElasticSearch, Redis, MariaDB, MySQL, and Varnish.
- OpenSearch, a new, innovative, and highly advanced search & analytics suite from Apache 2.0, licensed Elasticsearch 7.10.2 & Kibana 7.10.2.
- Here, you will have composer dependencies to advance PHPUnit/PHPUnit & laminas/laminas-code.
- The latest Magento 2.4.4 will not have laminas/laminas-crypt, laminas/laminas-filter, laminas/laminas-i18n & paragonie/sodium_compat libraries.
Built-In JS Libraries
- You will find some improvement in jQuery, TinyMCE, Knockout, and underscore library.
- Also, the Magento 2.4.4 version will say good-bye to Modernizr, es6-collections, FormData.js & MutationObserver.js library.
JS NPM Dependencies
- Grunt-autoprefixer will be removed in the Magento 2.4.4 release.
Vendor Bundled Extensions
Adobe Commerce has decided to separate the majority of Vendor Bundled Extensions from the core to give quick access to merchants to find and search features and capabilities effortlessly and instantly.
Some other notable enhancements to expect from the Magento 2.4.4 release are:
- It will have highly upgraded Adobe Composer dependencies.
- It will have an Upgraded JS library
- PHPUnit will be upgraded to 9.5.x.
- It will offer Support for TinyMCE 5.
- Improvements in cart operations and order validation processes
- Sales optimization while checking out.
- It will have the latest ElasticSearch version (7.16.1) and OpenSearch 1.1.
- It will have improved storage performance configuration settings for storeconfig queries.
- It will also allow users to set a payment method on a negotiable quote.
- The Magento 2.4.4 will support adding bundle products.
- It will also offer fixed cron to clear product categories for bundle products.
- It will also have an optimized cache cleaning algorithm.
Cart and Checkout
- The latest Magento 2.4.4 release will fix the minimum advertised price-link issue.
- It will also support guest shoppers to checkout.
- It will also have an improved free shipping threshold for table rates.
- The latest Magento 2.4.4 will have good and improved positioning of Insert/Edit image and Insert/Edit Link pop-up windows.
- They have fixed the issues, such as Text Editor for a banner.
- Not all dynamic blocks will be converted into one language during the upgrade.
So that was all about the Magento 2.4.4 release. It would be a pretty nice idea to start adapting to changes and upgrades for your Magento store. Suppose you want to develop a Magento online store for your business. In that case, you can hire Magento developer from Elsner, one of the leading Magento development service providers with a proven track record and an impressive portfolio.