Before we put efforts into some more essentials details, let’s introduce both the platform. As we all know both the platforms are content management system and self-hosted solution so one can easily create and manage all of the content on the website.
WordPress: It is the world’s most popular content management systems started as a blogging platform back in 2003. Nowadays, WordPress has 29% influence of all websites and controls around 59.8% of the known content management system market.
Some important examples of famous companies using WordPress for all are:
Drupal: It has been the long time for Drupal to be in the market and it came earlier than WordPress. Though WordPress has more market share as compared to Drupal. It has been launched in 2000 and having an influence of 2.3% of all the website and controls 4.6% share of the content management system.
Some important websites running on Drupal are:
- As we all know that Drupal is more complex than WordPress, so because of this complexity Drupal has some advanced functionality.
- As Drupal comes with some advanced functionality when compared to WordPress. Drupal comes with features like taxonomies, content types, blocks, views, and more. Drupal has provided an amazing learning curve and also provides power to the platform and its users.
- Drupal provides multiple content types or page templates. Drupal’s has more advanced user permissions as compared to WordPress. Multiple site stakeholders are supportable through Drupal having site admins, content editors, individualized access to private content, and more.
- A lot of customization has been done in Drupal 8 for strengthening its functionalities.
- There is the wide range of free and paid themes & plugins are available in the WordPress that assists you to start building a WordPress website. While Drupal comes with only starter themes and all are designed for custom development.
- Plugins available such as SEO to social media and more are available for WordPress so it is more in demand when as compared to Drupal. Plugins available in Drupal are called modules that are free and many of them having similar functionalities. Plugins available in the WordPress are easy to manage i.e. installing and updating which is difficult in the Drupal.
- Managing thousands of pages and users can be easy with improved page performance that also includes catching with excellent page speed. Drupal is more robust as compared to WordPress.
Ease of Use
- Drupal is more capable of developing more advanced sites so it requires more technical experience when compared with WordPress.
- WordPress is easy to understand with limited knowledge so website development with the number of customization options available in it.
- WordPress has WYSIWYG editor and drag-and-drop functionality so developing WordPress website will be easier and fast.
- The major difference between Drupal and WordPress is security. As we know that entire open source community comes has fear of security share and Drupal provides enterprise-level security with depth security report. So all the government organization uses Drupal.
- Usually, WordPress is open to hackers and other attacks. Hosting platforms and user-friendly plugin makes it less vulnerable and WP Engine as well.
- Downloading and installing for both Drupal and WordPress will be free but there will be an additional cost associated with them.
- Drupal may require help from outside resources so Developers required for Drupal will be more expensive than WordPress.
Drupal Development Service will be more effective, powerful and flexible for big business in Drupal when compared with WordPress Development Service. WordPress is a simple and easy-to-handle interface to support small business and blog. Drupal is ultimate for difficult, highly customized sites that require scalability and large amounts of content to be organized.