Content marketing has become a major driver for attracting the right segmented audience online, in turn increasing the chances of user engagement. As rightly said, “Content is the king”, without content marketing it has become almost impossible for a business to gain traction on search engines. Lot of companies are already doing it, while others are gradually getting into it by means of blogs, documents, images, video, audio, and text.
However, this has made things worse with Google algorithms coming into play. With too much content getting created every day, there have been an increased number of plagiarism cases taking place online. This, in turn, has resulted in business owners and online marketers landing upon no man’s land, disturbing their content marketing strategy, and hence the website as well as business reputation.
These are not just vague statements. If we go by a research statistics, 70% of all B2B marketers believe in creating online content; however, 54% of all actually find it difficult to produce content that is engaging enough. For helping out such online marketers and professional SEO services providers, we have assembled content marketing tips that will make them a better online marketer:
1. Use content to have customers experience a gentle ride through the process rather than presenting things in a haphazard manner like a speedboat on full throttle.
2. Social media ads work wonders, and having paid ads on board is even better. Push it out on social media channels, and see the magic of a $10-$20 ads on Facebook.
3. Prefer .com domain over .org, .net, or similar others. When you have a look at top ranking websites, they have used .com as their domain extension.
4. Do not force the value within your content on the audience. Let them feel it by themselves and decide whether the content have enough value for them or not.
5. Short posts are a big ‘NO’. Better opt for posts over 1000 words to gain real search engine value out of your content.
6. Put yourself in the shoes of buyers for adapting a buyer persona before actually starting off writing content. It is wise to think like a buyer and understand the mindset of the readers. The leads are surely going to convert if you can comprehend what people want to read and the solutions they are searching for.
7. Guest blogging has been and still is the most effective form of guest blogging. It is all about writing quality content on top authority sites, with a link back to your site in author bio or byline, leading to a personal brand authority building.
8. Do not go overboard with writing long headlines and titles. Short ones work wonders conveying a message more effectively.
9. Leverage email marketing to the fullest for getting in touch with industry experts, direct customers, or subscribers.
10. Rather than blogging consistently, focus on blogging periodically. This brings more value and audience to your content.
11. Share the content you write with social sharing buttons provided. This makes it fairly easy for others to share your content as well.
12. Repurpose old content with a difference. It is not bad to write same content again; however, a new fresh perspective should be added; which brings a unique value towards the end not experienced beforehand.
13. Do address industry experts and influencers within your content, with back links to their websites. This will enable them to take notice of your content and probably will do the same by referring you to their content.
14. When I Work is a great company which sends out handwritten thank you cards to new customers. In 70% cases, such cards get shared on social media, increasing your brand awareness largely.
15. Use referral marketing software like Omnistartell. Create referral program, Integrate on your website. Once you integrate Omnistartell on your website, users can refer your business or article to their circle.