When managing employees and other organizational activities, having the best software at your support is essential.
Choosing the right HR software can significantly impact managing your workforce efficiently. We will compare two popular HR software, Zoho People vs Keka, and help you determine the best fit for your organization.
What is Zoho People?
It is a cloud-based human resource management software that helps to streamline and automate various processes in the organization. The tool has many resources and features to manage data, attendance, leave, time tracking, recruitment, onboarding, and performance evaluations.
This might be the best solution for HR professionals as they will have a single platform to handle all the records. Employees can access their leave requests, attendance, working hours, and more information.
It helps businesses manage their HR processes, from onboarding new employees to tracking their performance. Let’s take a look at its features.
What Are the Unique Features of Zoho People?
Zoho Creator Integration
It is built on the Zoho Creator platform, allowing great customization and flexibility. Users can create custom forms, workflows, and reports tailored to their HR processes and requirements.
HR Process Automation
The tool enables HR professionals to automate various processes, such as onboarding, leave management, performance appraisals, etc.
This allows managers and employees to have regular one-on-one discussions and track progress. It facilitates continuous feedback, goal setting, performance discussions, and promoting a collaborative work environment.
Employee Self-Service Portal
The resource has a self-service portal that enables them to access and manage their HR-related information. They can view and update personal details, submit leave requests, view pay stubs, access training materials, and participate in surveys.
Time Tracking with GPS
It will provide a GPS-based time-tracking feature, allowing employees to log their work hours accurately. This is particularly useful for remote or field-based teams, as it ensures location, GPS-based time tracking and helps monitor employee productivity.
The system offers a shift scheduling module that enables HR managers to create and manage employee schedules. It allows for assigning shifts, managing shift swaps, handling shift rotations, and ensuring adequate staffing coverage.
Users can create custom forms to collect and organize data specific to their organization’s needs. It provides a drag-and-drop form builder, making it easier to design forms for surveys, feedback, and employee information.
Integration with Zoho Apps
Zoho Partners can seamlessly integrate with other Zoho applications, such as Zoho CRM, Zoho Recruit, Zoho Desk, and Zoho Analytics. This integration enables smooth data flow between departments, streamlines processes, and enhances overall organizational efficiency.
What is Keka?
Keka is an HR software that provides comprehensive HR solutions. It provides a range of features and modules to handle employee data, attendance management, payroll processing, performance management, and more. It simplifies HR operations, enhances employee engagement, and enables data-driven decision-making.
What Are the Unique Features of Keka?
The tool can be easily integrated with Slack, a popular team collaboration tool. It allows employees to access HR-related information and perform tasks directly from their Slack interface. They can request leave, view payslips, access company policies, and perform other HR actions without leaving Slack, enhancing convenience and productivity.
Geo-Tracking and Geo-Fencing
These are particularly useful for organizations with a remote or mobile workforce. It enables HR teams to track employee attendance based on geographic location, ensuring accurate attendance records. Geo-fencing allows for defining virtual boundaries, and employees can mark their attendance only when they are within the designated area.
It has a built-in expense management module that simplifies tracking and managing employee expenses. Employees can submit expense claims, upload supporting receipts, and track reimbursement status within the system.
Document Management and E-Signatures
Keka provides robust document management capabilities, allowing HR teams to digitally store and manage all employee-related documents. The software provides e-signature functionality, enabling employees and managers to sign documents electronically, eliminating the need for physical signatures.
Employee Engagement and Surveys
This feature helps to measure and improve employee engagement. It allows organizations to conduct surveys and gather employee feedback on job satisfaction, work environment, and leadership. The platform provides analytics and insights to help organizations identify areas for improvement and take necessary actions.
It has a mobile application for both Android and iOS devices. The mobile app allows employees to access their HR information, submit leave requests, view payslips, access company policies, and perform other HR-related tasks. It enhances accessibility and convenience for employees who prefer mobile devices.
This makes it suitable for organizations with a diverse workforce or international operations. It allows employees to access the platform in their preferred language, enhancing user experience and eliminating language barriers.
It enables employees to raise queries and seek assistance from the HR department. It streamlines communication between employees and HR teams, ensuring prompt resolution of queries and enhancing employee satisfaction.
What Are the Benefits of Using Zoho People and Keka?
It is important to understand each platform’s advantages when comparing
Zoho People vs Keka. This will give you a better idea for your business and handle tasks effectively.
Some Unique Benefits of Using Zoho People are:
- It has a centralized HR management platform, including employee data, attendance, leave, performance evaluations, and more.
- The tool offers self-service capabilities, allowing employees to access and update their personal information, view pay stubs, submit leave requests, and track their attendance.
- The software includes robust time and attendance tracking features, such as biometric integration, shift management, and real-time attendance reports.
- Zoho development services simplify leave management by automating the request and approval process. It provides a centralized calendar to view employee leave availability, track balances, and generate reports.
- The system allows organizations to set goals, track employee performance, conduct appraisals, and provide feedback. This facilitates a structured approach to performance management, enabling HR to identify areas for improvement and recognize top performers.
- It includes recruitment and onboarding modules that streamline the hiring process. It allows for posting job openings, managing candidate profiles, scheduling interviews, and generating offer letters.
- The software provides tools for managing training programs and employee development initiatives. HR professionals can create training modules, track employee participation, and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs.
- The tool has a range of pre-built reports and analytics dashboards to gain insights into various HR metrics to make data-driven decisions, identify trends, and monitor key performance indicators.
- Zoho People offers mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, enabling HR professionals and employees to access HR information and perform tasks on the go.
Some Unique Benefits of Using Keka are:
- The software has a centralized platform to store and manage all employee-related information. It allows you to securely store employee profiles, contact details, job history, performance records, documents, and other relevant data in one place. This centralized database enables easy access and retrieval of information, eliminating the need for manual record-keeping.
- It will simplify the employee onboarding process by automating various tasks. It facilitates the creation of personalized onboarding plans, document management, and digital signatures. New hires can complete paperwork, review company policies, and access necessary resources through the platform, ensuring a smooth onboarding experience.
- The tool offers robust features for managing employee attendance and leave. It enables employees to mark attendance through biometric devices, web or mobile applications, or integrations with time-tracking tools.
- Users can streamline the performance management process. It allows organizations to set goals, conduct regular check-ins, and facilitate performance appraisals.
- Keka offers payroll management capabilities, allowing HR teams to automate salary calculations, tax deductions, reimbursements, and other payroll-related tasks. The software helps ensure accurate and timely payment processing.
- It includes a self-service portal where employees can access their personal information, payslips, tax documents, leave balances, and other relevant data.
- The software provides detailed analytics and reporting capabilities, enabling organizations to gain insights into HR metrics and trends. These insights help HR teams make data-driven decisions, identify areas for improvement, and monitor workforce trends.
- It easily integrates with other HR and business tools, such as applicant tracking systems, accounting software, and collaboration platforms. This allows for seamless data flow and eliminates the need for manual data entry.
What Are the Drawbacks of Zoho People vs Keka?
You must know some drawbacks while dealing with
Zoho People vs Keka before making the final decision.
Drawbacks of Zoho People:
- Customization Limitations: Zoho People may not offer the same level of customization as some other HRMS platforms. Users may find certain features or workflows difficult to modify or tailor to their specific needs.
- User Interface Complexity: The user interface of Zoho People can be somewhat complex and overwhelming for new users. Navigating the system and finding specific features may require time and training.
- Limited Reporting Capabilities: While Zoho People provides basic reporting functionality, it may not have the extensive reporting capabilities and customization options offered by other HRMS platforms. This limitation may impact organizations that require in-depth analytics and reporting for strategic decision-making.
Drawbacks of Keka:
- Pricing: Keka may be considered relatively expensive compared to other HRMS solutions available in the market. Smaller organizations or startups with limited budgets may find the pricing structure less affordable.
- Integration Options: While Keka offers integrations with popular payroll software and a few other platforms, the range of integrations may be limited compared to other HRMS systems.
- Learning Curve: Keka’s user interface and system navigation might be complicated for users unfamiliar with HRMS platforms. The initial learning curve can impact user adoption and efficiency during the transition.
Summing it up!
Zoho People and Keka are popular HR software solutions offering a wide range of features to help businesses manage their employees. Zoho People is a more established platform with a wider range of features, while Keka is a new platform designed to be user-friendly and intuitive.So, your business’s best HR software solution will depend on your specific needs and requirements. When it is to
Zoho People vs Keka, if you need an ideal HR suite with a wide range of features, Zoho People is a good option but if you need a user-friendly and affordable HR solution, Keka is a good option.
In case you are still unsure which HR software is right for your organization. In that case, it is important to take help from the experts and bring better solutions to streamline processes in your organization.