Do you want to try some products virtually in the digital retail experience and purchase the products? How does it look to you? How will it fit? So, Augmented reality and Virtual reality in e-commerce allow users to preview the products or experience services in their environment, on their own time, and with virtual realism. Integrating an e-commerce store with AR/VR will make the shopping experience more intuitive, friendly, and satisfying. Let’s understand more about augmented reality with virtual try-ons in retail and shopping experiences.
Virtual try-on technology uses augmented reality to create a virtual environment that simulates the experience of trying on different products. We will understand augmented reality and its stats.
Augmented Reality and it’s E-commerce Stats:
Augmented reality is a real-time use of information and user interface, audio, and other virtual enhancement integrated with real-world objects. AR continues to develop and become more familiar among the wide range of applications and e-commerce landscape.
According to a Google survey, 66% of people are interested in trying the products virtually and use virtual try-ons online shopping. With the increased augmented reality use, we will see the stats and trends:
- India’s AR/VR market stood at $1.83 billion in 2020. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 38.9% until 2027 because of the speeding up of digital transformation.
- AR market value was $10.5 billion in 2022, and statistics give data to reach a market of $198 billion in 2025.
- The AR advertising revenue in India was estimated to reach $113.30 million in 2022.
- Global eCommerce statistics show that the global AR/VR education market was valued at $12.4 billion in 2020 and was estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18.2% from 2022 to 2027.
- In 2020, consumer utility products accounted for 52.9% of AR/VR spending worldwide.
With the stats of AR, we will focus on enhancing the user experience, virtual try-on technology, and uses that will be beneficial in the e-commerce market with future trends.
Virtual Try-on in E-commerce: Benefits and Examples
Virtual try-on technology is an innovative way for customers to visualize and adapt the product experience in clothes, makeup, jewelry, and accessories without putting them on physically.
It allows companies and business owners to showcase their product offerings more efficiently by giving potential customers an understanding of how the product will look and work for them. VR is one step closer to the experience given to the customers to purchase the products. Using VR in the e-commerce industry will have a lot of benefits, which are given below:
What are the Benefits of Virtual Try-ons in E-commerce Store?
Enhance Customer Engagement:
Every brand aims to connect with customers, whether they cater to individual consumers or businesses. The goal is to create memorable interactions that foster relationships.
That’s precisely the purpose of virtual stores – to craft engaging and immersive experiences that bring customers closer to a brand’s products online. Virtual experiences have a remarkable impact, nearly doubling engagement levels among consumers.
Deliver Personalized Experience:
Try-ons now offer immersive experiences that add significant value to a customer’s shopping journey. This end-to-end experience goes beyond just making a purchase; it creates a personalized connection with the customer.
- Nowadays, we get loads of generic messages, making customers feel overwhelmed, and personalization becomes super essential for keeping customers happy. Virtual stores use innovative technology (like AI) to understand how people shop – what they like, how they behave, and their habits. This helps shops create exceptional experiences just for you, like personalized deals, suggestions, and recommendations.
Increase sales & minimize the Returns:
- Have you ever tried a virtual product? During traditional purchasing of the product, after purchase, the customer will not be satisfied with the product and will return it, which will take time and cost effort for customers and retailers.
- Virtual try-ons give the user a virtual shopping experience to select the efficient product with a personalized experience and get the more satisfying product on hand while delivering the product. And it will be easy to decide to purchase the product.
Nowadays, most industries are moving to e-commerce stores and want to give their customers some new innovative and real-time experience during shopping.
Virtual Try-on E-commerce Industry:
- For customers, the benefits of virtual try-ons eliminate the need for thеm to make time-consuming outings to physical stores.
- Virtual try-on to create a real visual environment and personalized еxpеriеncе by offering customers multiple try-on options to design individual facе shapеs and coloration prеfеrеncеs.
- To give a different shopping еxpеriеncе to the customers, the different industries such as fashion and jеwеllеry, accеssoriеs, clothеs, glassеs, makеup, and bеauty products. Lеt’sLеt’s insights into some popular brand еxamplеs from different industries,
- Evеn in thе fiеld of еyеglassеs, thе nеw 3D tеchniquе has madе a possiblе virtual try-on. A new technique has been added to Lеnskart, with which people can scan their faces and try different sunglassеs virtually.
- Famous brands in makеup and bеauty such as Lorеal and Sеphora, Maybеllinе usеs a virtual try-on to allow users to scan the face and identify еyеs and lips and can try different shadеs of lipsticks and highlightеrs virtually.
- Fashion industries such as Gucci and Louis Vuitton arе giving their consumers a fashionablе virtual try of different clothes to sеll their clothes and makе unbound markеting with nеw innovativе tеchnology.
Hеncе, different industries are also providing augmented reality еxpеriеncеs in thе gaming and automobile sector in futurе. Thе bеnеfits that come with E-commerce sitеs that makе a storе morе popular. With thе dеvеlopmеnt of nеw technology, wеbAR adds е-commerce stores to givе 3D access to consumers and increase sales еvеn bеttеr.
Augmented and virtual reality reshape e-commerce stores, particularly with virtual try-on technology. It offers substantial benefits such as enhanced customer engagement, reduced return, competitive market benefits, time-saving, etc. Major brands worldwide use augmented and virtual reality, such as Sephora, Lenskart, Gucci, etc.
Elsner Technologies and our E-commerce experts enhance your e-commerce store with virtual try-on integration, increase customer engagement, and meet consumer expectations with tech-driven solutions.