Magento is known to come up with updates regularly. And this time, there is a big surprise for all the Magento merchants who have already started using Magento Commerce 2.2.X. The reputed company has released two critical end of support dates that will have a significant impact on your site security and compliance. Let’s get up close with both these significant end of support dates separately.
End of Support for Magento Commerce 2.2.X from December 31, 2019
If you are a Magento merchant and are still using Magento Commerce 2.2.X, listen to this piece of news very carefully. You need to upgrade to the latest version of Magento Commerce 2.3 without wasting any more time. Please note that version 2.3 contains new features that will make your Magento eCommerce store perform even better. The update will also protect your online store from the vulnerabilities of cyber-attacks, thereby providing a safety net to your store security. Some of the new features present in Magento Commerce 2.3 include:1. Multi-source inventory
- Assign products and quantities to each fulfillment source like stores, distribution centers, warehouses, stores or third-party drop shippers;
- Track inventory at each source for effortless inventory management;
- Streamline operations with the help of rules that prioritize and automate the control of inventory sources used to fulfill orders for each website in real-time;
- Integration with third-party inventory systems.
2. Introduction of PWA Studio3. Fully integrated page builder 4. New security tools added5. Enhanced indexing performance6. New functionality added in Magento shipping
- Support for new fulfillment options
- Expanded global availability
PCI compliance for Merchants using Magento Commerce 2.2.0-2.2.9 may be at risk as of November 30, 2019, due to the end of support for PHP 7.1
Merchants that are currently using Magento Commerce 2.2.0-2.2.9 need to address this issue promptly by upgrading to the next release of Magento Commerce 2.2 when it becomes available this month, i.e., October 2019. However, please note that since the scheduled end of support for all the versions of Magento Commerce 2.2 end on December 31, it is essential that you update directly to the latest version of Magento Commerce 2.3. PHP 7.1 will only be providing security fixes. Hence, you need to migrate to PHP 7.2 or 7.3 version at the earliest. For more information on the latest happenings in the field of Magento development,keep reading this space!