Planning to have an online store for your business? Great! The biggest challenge you will face is to choose an appropriate platform for your business. With over 60 platforms available out there, it is very difficult to choose the platform which will build an eCommerce store that will exactly meet your requirements. Among these many platforms, you might have heard the most about the Magento and Shopify and their performances. The reason behind the popularity of both these platform is they are great in their own ways. None of them is specifically perfect.
The below article contains every information about both the platforms so that at the end of the article, you yourself will be able to figure out choosing between Magento 2 vs Shopify that which platform is the most suitable one for your eCommerce store. Read on the article now!
Undoubtedly, Magento 2 Development has enjoyed popularity for a quite long time, Shopify is the biggest competitor of this wonderful eCommerce solutions.
Magento 2 :
- Magento is one of the most commonly used platform for building an eCommerce website and is used by 14% of the top million sites.
- Magento uses PHP for coding and is an open source eCommerce solution, therefore the source code is freely available and can be modified.
- For large scale eCommerce store, Magento 2 is highly preferred.
- Magento is a very wonderful tool for the business owners as it has over 5000 add-on extensions that can help you for enhancements in your store.
- With Magento, every aspect of the store is under the control of the owner. Admin will be able to manage and create several stores within the same admin panel.
- Magento comes frontend features for customers. The features may include coupon codes, gift cards, customer dashboards, related products, wish lists, order status modules, and more.
- Magento 2 upgrade of the magento platform contains drag and drop visual editing, that allows the developers to build a fascinating online store.
- Magento 2 comes with an user-friendly admin panel for new users, it is simple and easy to learn.
- Magento 2 comes with incredible quick and user friendly checkout page.
- Magento 2 is fabulous when it comes to multi-vendor marketplace capabilities.
- Magento Community edition is entirely free to download and maintain the
Have you read about : Laravel vs Codeigniter, Which is Better PHP Framework?
- When compared to Magento, Shopify is not that popular claiming 6% of the top million sites.
- Shopify development uses a coding language called Liquid and is a proprietary eCommerce solution.
- Shopify is a fine solution for simple stores and not for the complex stores.
- Shopify has over 100 add-ons and apps and as it is still a new platform, it is evolving into new and improved add-ons and apps.
- Being a proprietary platform, Shopify does not allow to make a lot of changes. All you can do is change the colors and fonts.
- For non technical developers, Shopify is easier to use and manage when compared to the user experience of the Magento 2 platform.
- Shopify comes with a wonderful checkout along with semi-recent introduction of a one page responsive checkout.
Ultimately, it is not an easy task to make a statement that any of these platform is better, it entirely depend on the requirements of your store.