Magento 2.0 propelling in November 2015 and the biggest question numerous retailers are posing is ‘when is the right time to Move?’
There are many other concerns we hear from our clients are-
- Is there expertise available for such a new technology?
- Is Magento 2.x platform stable?
- Will our own custom code and 3rd party integrations require a complete re-write
- Are 3rd party extensions available for Magento 2.x?
- What added features do Magento 2.x provides over Magento 1.x
- What is the feasibility of such an upgrade process?
As eCommerce is advancing and innumerable opportunities to draw in clients today for online store, it can be difficult to know which Magento platform ought to be the best. Moving to most recent version is continually testing business choice for the online store owner as stakes are high. It includes extra cost and adapting however in the meantime, no one needs to continue working on the out of date frameworks.
Will the returns justify the investment?
Magento 2 is totally revamp of its predecessor version and whole data/file structure has been changed alongside the technology stack. In spite of the fact that Magento have a relocation tool which should move the information from 1.x to 2.0. But, the reality of the situation is that there is no enormous quick upgrade button and as this is a totally new code base this will require to a greater extent of rework than an update. Be under no illusion that this will be a critical bit of work and we feel it is our duty to guide clients in this procedure.
Here is the list of things that you should consider while taking decision on Magento 2 migration:
- Uses off the shelves mobile apps (iOS/Android) base on Latest REST API.
- Integrate your CRM/CMS/any third party systems with online store using REST API.
- Reduce Cost and Faster time to market using third-party plug-ins.
- Only default Magento data shall be migrated to newer system.
- Downtime during migration (Depends on the data on your online store).
- Existing Mobile apps shall not work.
- Loss of custom user design/feature development.
- Existing third party themes shall not work.
- Existing third party plug-in shall not work and data shall not be transferred.
Here is the list of added features of Magento 2.0
The main motive of the version is to make the business execution much more prevalent.
Superior performance, higher efficiency, amazing flexibility, optimised hardware requirements, improved Magento admin user interface, highly secure and the more scalable nature of Magento 2. These are just some of the main enhancements available as part of Magento 2.
Other features include-
- A faster and enhanced product data import.
- A simplified product creation workflow that allows user to create configurable products without having to manually create each simple product.
- Ability to link videos with products not just images.
- Improved checkout with AJAX add to cart feature.
- Tight integrations with popular payment gateways including PayPal, authorize.net, Braintree and World pay (enterprise edition only) and Cybersource (enterprise edition only).
- Improved SEO features.
- Magento staging module that allows you to work with future campaigns specific to products, categories, catalogue price rules, shopping cart price rules, CMS blocks and CMS pages.
- Magento 2 testing framework that reduces the effort required for manual testing.
- Split database: This means that admin users working on Magento won’t affect the performance of the front-end your customers are using.
- Magento 2 site architecture also facilitates the customisation process and allows developers to add custom code faster.
- Adding and removing columns in orders/ customers management grid directly from the admin panel with no need for development.
- Tremendous support and better quality Magento extensions.
How essential is it for your business?
Most importantly you have to determine the sort of business yours is! If you already have Magneto store, your business is extending and intend to continue to use Magento, then it is strongly recommended that you should go for the migration now. If you are going to start development on a new Magento platform you should definitely go with Magento 2. On theother hand, if your business is small and has very basic requirements, maybe the present one would meet your objectives.
In any case, do consider various aspects mentioned earlier and then decide whether the migration would contribute to thepositive growth of your business. Magento has been touted as the best platform for ecommerce and this most recent version will prove no less.
Magento expertise at Elsner Technologies
Having more than 10 years experience in web development and designing, we are more than 45 certified Magento developers and have already developed and implemented websites on Magento 2.x. Here at Elsner, we have been working with Magento since 2006 and successfully delivered 500+ stores. We combine the best of skilled manpower and technology to assist you.
Ready to switch? Contact us for a free consultation to decide your online store magento2 migration. Let us know your availability for a quick call and we shall explore how we can help with your online store.